Monday 28 January 2019

To Do - Become A Responsible Writer

After attempting to dodge more paperwork than any human needs to encounter in their lives, I'd decided that there's too much paper waste! I felt guilty as sin. Although I do use paper in my day to day, it doesn't need to get as bad as it did. Piles of sheets that had old WIPS on, drawings of characters that will never see the light of day, and just scraps of paper from throwing a tantrum when I get writer's block. It was too much - I needed to make an effort to be more responsible. I wanted to contribute to change rather than letting things build up and then go to waste.

To become more responsible...

1. I've put my scraps of paper to good use - composting! I love gardening and I've made compost in the past, but this time, I used my paper waste. I'm mixing food scraps with my paper scraps and storing it to be used in a few months when I'll be gardening. There's no limit to how much this will make - so it's where any paper I no longer need will go. It's put to good use instead of being thrown out.

2. If and when I need to purchase things for my writing, it will be made from recycled material - paper, pencils, stationary, everything and anything! I'm also not going to purchase any more pens or stationary with a ridiculous amount of plastic packaging. If I don't need it, I'm not getting it - I'm hoping this continues into all aspects of my life, rather than just for writing materials.

3. I'm also cutting down laptop time - my laptop is at death's door and needs to be plugged in or the battery cries and tries to destroy itself. - I have my phone on me all day, so that's where all of my notes will live from now on. I hope to cut my laptop useage down to about 6 hours a week.

It's not an awful lot, I know, but in the long run I'm hoping it'll stop me wasting electricity, paper and using plastic altogether. We could all make a step in the right direction to become more responsible. A little effort has a big impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment