Saturday 11 May 2019

Are Beta Readers Important?

I only recently started using beta readers - I have also had people read the book once released for some feedback and for them to do a possible review for me on Amazon. Beta readers get their hands on your work before it goes too far, they give their honest opinion on your writing, and they help with any plot holes, grammar issues or tell you if the story is interesting or not.

So, are beta readers important?
.. They're more like ALPHA READERS, am I right? - The response I've had from people interested in my writing projects before they are available for the world to see, is incredible. It's very scary letting someone see your work before you even feel it's nearly finished - but it is productive, especially since beta readers will be critical of your work and not just sugar coat things - they want you to have good quality work out there.

I will be contacting more beta readers in the future when I finally finish my novel - I will hopefully do this for my children's books too - obviously limiting how many you need, as if you let anyone read your work, you won't get any sold. I will also be continuing to send out a PDF copy of my books to select people in order to gain more reviews online. Get yourself some betas!

No comments:

Post a Comment