Tuesday 30 April 2019

Indie April : Ups And Downs

Indie April has come to an end!
It's been an opportunity to meet other indie authors, promote my books, and have an input to what indies are struggling with. It has also had a few negatives!

UPS -
This month my highlights have been plugging my books without feeling guilty - there has been so many threads asking people to share their Amazon links, it is a chance to self-promote and find what other people have been working on.
I have also enjoyed interacting with other indies - I'm usually quite shy, but I have found so many people I'm comfortable talking to or reacting to their posts, which is a huge step for me!
I have started so many writing projects this month - I don't know if it's due to bouncing creativity off of one another, or just seeing the pride people have in their WIPS have driven me to write as much as I can.
I've found a pattern in what people look for in indie authors - I have written about this in a previous post. I am aware what is popular in the community, so I can either work with that, or decide to go against the grain of what people are doing.

DOWNS -
This month has also had a negative side, I have noticed that people don't look for children's books when requesting work from indie authors - it's not their go-to genre or something they want to read by choice. So this made me feel like I need to work on other things!
Also, I have had more rejection emails than ever before. I don't know if it's due to deadlines being at the beginning of April, and they've replied immediately, but there has been far too many for my confidence this month. It did knock me, I did want to get some of those projects. It's annoying now, and I will get over it.

Either way, there's more good than bad - Indie April is a success and a positive thing to happen to the writing community. I can't wait for next year - and hopefully, by then I'll have no negatives!

One last Amazon link plug for the road:

The Macroodelzig

Don't Eat Charlie Cheese

Charlie Cheese Travels The World

Charlie Cheese And The Food Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment