Saturday 27 April 2019

I'm Trying To Write A Musical ...

What on earth was going on when 'Let's write a musical' popped in my head?!
Why did I decide 'Yes, brain, this is a good idea'?!

I'm running with it, this is the same unpredictable brain that has created many wonderful stories and jokes, so who am I to question it? It'll be funny, either way. I love that this idea just came to me, and I didn't just brush it off as nonsense - you won't know if you're any good at writing something new until you give it a good go.

I only have a basic plot, a title, and a few themes bottled that can be used for songs.
I've already made a healthy start on it, and by that I mean it has it's own Word document, is titled and saved. There's also a tune in my head that I need to turn into a comedy song, so I'm looking forward to that.
I need to get cracking!

I am planning on the musical being a comedy/horror theme. I can write comedy, and I have written short stories in the past with a horror twist - I can thank some episodes of Inside No 9 for this inspiration, so hopefully I can mash this experience together.. Which somehow results in a musical (?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment