Thursday 18 April 2019

Revisiting A WIP : Spitting Ducks

I may have mentioned my sketch show idea, Spitting Ducks, last year or so. I was hoping to film parts of it just to get the hang of things, and a feel for directing a comedy.

The sketch show was written, edited and left in my notes - mainly due to the fact I didn't have any money at all to even hire filming equipment, never mind get anything made. Spitting Ducks is a daytime television parody sketch show - it takes television shows and mangles them, either with puns or taking it dark.

I had to dig out the notes recently, as I was inspired by the new series of Channel Four's Lee And Dean to get back into comedy. (If you've not seen Lee And Dean, you should! Come for the comedy, stay for the incomparable facial expressions).

Anyway, the notes I went through don't seem relevant anymore, or some ideas just come off as desperate or are spoofs of programmes that are no longer on television, and feel long forgotten. I'm glad I didn't throw it away though, as there is more good ideas I can work on than there is bad ideas. I am confident with 80% of the sketches - but there is always room to polish the positives.

I've decided to keep the title of Spitting Ducks, and will be leaving this open to work on as often as possible - I WILL get it perfect, it will be filmed, and I will bother as many people as I can with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment