Monday 7 October 2019

COMING SOON - Environmental Health

I know, there's an influx of environmental children's books lately, but dare I say this is different? I'm gonna, but ultimately, that's for you to decide.

I've been writing poetry about environmental issues for a while now and I had nowhere to put them apart from my own social media. As I read more about it, I wrote more, creating a collection of poetry with the same themes. I decided this needed to be published. I asked Tommings to do the cover art - because I can't put out any content without his artistic stamp - I love his work and I'll forever ask him to illustrate for me for as long as he lets me..

My upcoming poetry book, Environmental Health, was a passion project. Many hours of research went into this, and it opened my eyes to the difficulties the world is facing at the moment due to the impact of humans. It made me try even harder to reduce my carbon footprint, to change my lifestyle even more, and to create art to make a point about those issues.

The book will be coming out in the next week or so.
During the launch month, October 2019, I am going to be taking 10% of the sales profits and donating them to climate crisis charities. The only issue being, I'd need to get a lot of exposure and sales of the book in order to make this good deed worth while - I'd hate to promise this and have to donate the equivalent of a newspaper.

I'll be following up this post with a link to the book when it is available. So, I'm asking my worldwide readers to share share share! Even if you don't fancy the book yourself, sharing it means the book reaches more people, those people may be interested in the book, which means they may buy it, and that means they're contributing to charities that work to fight climate change, wouldn't that be wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment