Tuesday 1 October 2019

Making eBooks

I'm currently in the process of attempting to convert my children's books into eBooks.
I say attempting because this is a stressful experience, so far. It was easy using Book Wright to create a layout for my books, then even easier to have them exported into my Blurb account, and getting them ready for sale and distribution was the easy-peasy-ist thing I've done in my life.
This isn't easy. This is awful.

I'm having to get an Adobe ID to sort out my own PDFs of my OWN work, as well as trying to not lose any resolution on my images and text whist creating a layout. Why is this so difficult?
I've also decided to use Amazon KDP for this - as I found going through Blurb to be less than helpful in regards to creating an eBook - so far it looks promising, although there is next to no progress on my behalf... But I will get there - there will be at least ONE eBook under my name by the end of the week.

When I do manage to get into the swing of things, I'll be putting online versions of my work online - this is due to the fact, readers within the Twittersphere seem to request more recommendations of what they should read next on their Kindles. People prefer books at the touch of a button, and that's cool. Plus, the pricing of eBooks are a lot cheaper than that of paper copies - so hopefully it'll reach more people who prefer digi-books?
We'll see how I get on in next weeks episode of: Indie Author Tackles Technology.

In the near future, if you see an eBook of mine knocking about on Amazon, smile and know that I've finally cracked it. Oh, and download the book..

No comments:

Post a Comment